Today’s US trading community are facing numerous challenges: Regulatory and compliance issues; falling trading volumes and shrinking margins and the drive for better and faster while containing costs. It is also experiencing an explosion in technology – from the Buy vs. Build debate to implementing cloud technology as well as new technologies from Google Compute and Amazon. Our After the Bell panel discussions incorporate the "top-of-mind" issues for the trader with events that provide real world examples of what's working and why. And if you’re a technology and solution provider, these forums promote optimal networking opportunities with niche discussions on topics most pertinent to those of us working in the financial markets today.
Following discussions held in London, Chicago and San Francisco, this New York event addresses the “top of mind” issues important to the our trading community. Held after trading hours so as not to take time away from the desk, this event offers an optimum combination of topical discussion and industry networking at a cocktail reception immediately following the panels. Join us on November 7th in NYC for another invaluable Mankoff Company event.
|Wednesday, November 7, 2012
||Panel I: Regulation, Risk and How this will Impact Trading
This panel addresses:
- How the latest SEC/FINRA initiatives will impact trading
- Assessing the debate as to whether technological developments have improved the effectiveness of markets to serve the real economy
- What does the ongoing economic crisis mean for the trading community and how do you navigate amongst choppy waters?
- HFT: What will the regulators determine needs to be done for oversight? How will that affect trading?
- G20 Accords, Dodd-Frank, the Volcker Rule—What does this all mean to the trading community?
- Stacey Mankoff, Managing Principal, The Mankoff Company
- Michael Boyd, Chief Compliance Officer, Academy Securities
- Thomas Kirchner, Portfolio Manager, Quaker Event Arbitrage Fund
- Jon J. Simone, Compliance Subject Matter Expert, NICE Systems
- Others TBA
||Panel II: Challenges and Opportunities in Technology Infrastructure: Big Data, Cloud and Buy vs. Build
This panel addresses:
- Addressing the need for accurate and reliable data and the tools needed to manage and optimize its effective use
- Bringing technology infrastructure back in-house: What do you need to know?
- Competitive advantage while controlling cost: Buy or to build: How do you know which path to take? Addressing connectivity challenges and just how low will latency go?
- Identification and implementation of cloud models and service providers which best relate to your business
- Amazon vs. Google Compute: How do they stack up today?
- Chandresh Patel, Financial Technology Consultant, Quantitative Research, Developer & Portfolio Manager
- Yohan Kim, COO, Richard Fleischman & Associates
- Kevin Carrai, Head of Connectivity & Member Services,
- Jake Freifeld, Portfolio Manager, Chilmark Hill Capital LLC
- Others TBA
Following the conclusion of the Roundtable Panel Sessions join us for a Networking Cocktail Reception to further discuss the most top of mind issues of those involved in the financial markets
| For More Information, Please Contact email@example.com
Who Will be Attending the Event:
- Proprietary Trading Desks
- High Frequency Traders
- Hedge Funds
- FX, Options and Futures Trading Desks
- Commodity Trading Advisors
- Risk Managers
- Data Managers
- Portfolio Managers
- Technology Firms
- Solution Providers
- Law Firms
- Consulting Firms
- Advisory Firms
Westin New York
270 West 43rd St.
New York, NY 10036
Buy-Side Traders, Proprietary Traders, Hedge Funds, CTAs, Portfolio Managers, Asset Management Firms: Complimentary
Broker/Dealers, Vendors, Sell Side, Technology Providers, Solution Providers, Advisory Firms, Consulting Firms, Exchanges/ECNs, Law Firms, Executive Recruiting Firms:
All others, please contact info@TheMankoffCompany.com